Psalm 42

As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?  My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all the day long, "Where is your God?"  

These things I remember, as I pour out my soul: how I would go with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival.  

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?

Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. 

My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls; all your breakers and your waves have gone over me. 

By day the LORD commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. 

I say to God, my rock: "Why have you forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"  As with a deadly wound in my bones, my adversaries taunt me,while they say to me all the day long, "Where is your God?" Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? 

Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.




By day we face the the task to love, to be present. By night the world dissipates and we confront the unanswered questions, the uncertainty of the future, and face the task of trusting. I thought that I  easily trusted people. But as I've come to learn more about myself, I'm seeing how little I trust those around me. And yet, God has called me (and you) to trust Him. When your soul is in turmoil, may you have the courage to still love and to confront the hard questions. Be mindful though as evening approaches. What will ultimately be your song?


Through the help of some wonderful friends I have been reminded that the struggle is not only real, but it is okay. At the end of the day though, where we put our hope makes all the difference. Someone who has taught me this through her daily example is my mom. She works 80-90 hour weeks to put a smile on people's faces and to provide not only deliciousness for the community but also jobs for locals. I'm trying to help her get 250 votes for her business to be considered for a grant. Would you help me? It takes less than 1 minute. Just go to this link https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com and click "vote". I appreciate all of you who have taken a moment to support her. Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts