The Long Leisure of Eternity

"He makes us walk when we want to run, sit still when we want to walk, for He has things to do in our souls that we are not interested in.

There have been times, on the otherhand, when He wanted me to run but I only walked; Let me remember, however, that the Shepherd Himself sometimes makes us lie down. Some of the "delays" are His own choice for us, sowe must not always chide ourselves when the pace is not what we thought it should be. We must learn to move according to the timetable of the Timeless One, and be at peace." - Elizabeth Elliot

There is much to say on this matter, but that is for another time. At the moment, our God is at work within many of us. His Spirit is stirring in my heart and mind...and I feel that He may be working in yours too. That seems to be the way it has been going lately.

This afternoon I'm reminded of the song that goes, "there's a Stirring deep within me, could it be my time has come?" I appologize for the vagueness of this post. I intend to expand upon this further, soon. Is God revealing rsms (random spiritual manifestations) in your life? If so, please, comment below and let's talk. He's calling us to move, to act, but in what way? That is where I look to the Timeless One and know that if He wills, it will be made clear.

Seriously...what have you been learning?

Comments

Popular Posts