Packing

I'm a quick packer- hence why my bag is just now being put together. Considering the bulk of it is food (peanut butter is a swimmer's staple) I'd say it went pretty well. Itineraries and passport copies being made. It is coming to the wire. All so soon! Hopefully there isn't some drastic thing that I am missing!

I have three books with me for the journey- "Stealing Christmas" by John Grisham (from the lovely Mrs. C), "Shadow of the Almighty" by Elizabeth Elliot (from wonderful Megan), and the Bible. I have already started Shadow of the Almighty and it has stirred up some new thinking. I recommend it for anyone looking for a book that causes you to do more than read but examine your life. Knowing that I have God's word with me provides some peace to my nerves.

I have the occasional fear of flying, getting sick, and the pressure of performing but it is going to be okay. My closest friend since kindergarten dance class gave me this verse today and I want to share it with you all for wherever you might be in life.

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

With that I conclude my post. When I know more I will update. As for now I am going to get some sleep before church in the morning and heading to Chicago in the afternoon. We will head to DC on Monday and stay until Thursday. Early Friday morning we are planned to arrive in Portugal. Competition starts the 6th.

Thank you all for your support. I want to hear from you. Don't hesitate to email or facebook me an update on your life.

Comments

Popular Posts