Respect

*Disclaimer, this is not mine but taken from my friend's tumbler, which can be found here.

There is no one that I respect more than someone who can look me in the face with meekness, but with the boldness of a lion, and tell me the truth about where I’m at, what I need to do, what I’m doing wrong, what I’m doing right and how I need to grow in Christ. To look me in the face and shoot it to me straight. 

A coward will see your error, look you in the face and allow you to keep going on the path to destruction. A coward will watch you and see your hypocrisy, your failures, your short comings and will keep silent. Judge.

But a man or a woman who loves the Lord will speak out and tell you the truth. Even at the risk of rejection. Even at the risk of a slap in the face.

I pray to be surrounded by courageous and bold people. People who care enough about me and revere God enough to keep me from a blind spot that would send me on the wide path of destruction. 

There is no one I respect more. Nothing else really stops me in my tracks more than that.

If God leads you to tell me something, you better do it. The worst I can do is spit in your face and what does that really amount to? I’m only human.

Comments

Popular Posts