Tucked Away

Tonight after reading I noticed that my Bible is stuffed with old papers. Not really sleepy, but knowing I should head to bed, I decided to sift through some of the crinkled sheets. Tucked away, I found a typed outline of my testimony. I vaguely remember giving this at youth group more than three years ago now. Wow, time flies. 

Here is the last chunk. Most of what I'd typed were just bulleted points to touch on, but the last bullet is completely typed out. Maybe I wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything about that particular point.

God is continuing to work and reveal plans. In Jeremiah He says He knows the plans. We just need to trust in Him. God works in His timing and for the good of those who love Him. That's hard for us to accept sometimes- especially when we don't like people to know how we are broken or struggling. But through all my ups and downs I've learned God is a constant and does amazing things. He will use whatever circumstances for His glory. I didn't think being so close to turning away, being deaf or a swimmer or growing up in the Church would be of anything to God- but Paul says in 1 Timothy 1:16
But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life
And the greatest thing about all of this is that
These are but the outer fringe of His works; how faint the whisper we hear of Him! Who then can understand the thunder of His power? -Job 26:14

I had forgotten about this. But it was a nice reminder of what God has done, promises to do and just how great He actually is. Have a wonderful week.

Comments

Popular Posts