Amazed



Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out! -Romans 11:33


I don't have all the answers. In this life I never will. But tonight, I want to thank and credit God for this desire to know more. He continues to send fields of questions, and in the same way he feeds the birds of the sky and brings the rains that are needed at just the right time, He delivers showers of answers. 


But these are not flash-flood-Texas-storm type of answers. The kind that never rejuvenate the ground, no matter how hard it rains. These are the gentle rains of a Wisconsin morning; the rains that softly seep through the ground and in time makes the crisping grass like new. 


Tonight someone said in very plain terms words that summed up months of thoughts, "It will never be enough. I will never be enough or do enough. But thank God for grace. Thank God for His love".


This isn't an excuse to hide behind, to stop searching. But a quiet reminder. We will never know and understand the God of this universe and all else far and beyond- the things I can't wrap my mind around. God, who designed all of this for His pleasure and saw that it was good, created us with a longing for Him.


We can deny it, but why? How can we turn and refuse a love that gave up Everything, His Son, for us? It's a constant pursuit. The God who knows all, even our eternal places, is still chasing after my heart. Your heart too. Because the I Am loves us. He wants us!


I can never be enough. But thank God, for He's enough.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMYReIv1ax4

Comments

Popular Posts